Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hey world. It's Brittany. What's up?

I've recently started couponing. Yes, my inspiration was the TLC show 'Extreme Couponing'. Those people are intense. I am a total newb. I'm still trying to figure out how to double coupons, or rather 'stack' them. Gotta learn the couponing lingo. My first trip to the grocery store with coupons was a nightmare. I just clipped coupons for things I was going to buy anyway, went to the store and long story short... ended up saving a whopping $14.

That's not awesome. It's clear that I still have a lot to learn. I should be reading sales papers before I go. And finding coupons to match those sales to get maximum savings. I also need to figure out which, if any, stores in my area will let me 'stack' coupons. And if three different stores are having amazing sales, I need to be willing to go to all three different stores. It sounds like a lot of work to me.

I just saw Julie & Julia. Was that a subtle subject change? They are loosely related. Couponing = Cheap Food. Julie & Julia = Movie About Food. Whatever. I wanted to see this movie way back when. As you might imagine, or might not, I haven't had many movie viewing opportunities in the last couple of years. I just decided to make use of my Netflix subscription and I'm catching up on lost movie time.

Back to Julie & Julia. I wasn't impressed. I obviously never read the book, but it was just ehhh. I mean, she never even got to meet Julia. The ending was very anti-climactic. Actually, the whole thing was anti-climactic. I'm not a movie critic or anything so hopefully my little opinion won't offend any of my, like 4, followers. I just got Easy A and Inglourious Basterds in the mail. Perhaps I'll share my two cents on those after I watch them.

I've also been trying new recipes lately. (Food on the brain, ya think?) I tried one the other day that was fan-freaking-tastic. I found it on 5dollardinners.com. It's a chili casserole. Just Yum. I also attempted a new version of potato soup that I found on the site. I got all of my ingredients during the above mentioned shopping trip. I pulled out the bag of potatoes and sat down to peel them... and the potatoes were rotten. Fudge. So, that recipe will have to wait until I get a (fresh) bag of potatoes. I'll let you know if it's delicious.

Valentine's Day is coming up. You know what that means! Chocolate! And I'm on a diet! So, no chocolate for me. But I do think I want to make these sugar cookies that I saw on HowDoesShe? I think my husband would get a kick out of them.



They're awesome, right? Lingerie cookies! A little risque... or as much so as a sugar cookie can get. You can find the tutorial here.

I think I'll end on that note. You gotta love a post entirely about food. :) Until next time! -B

No comments:

Post a Comment